Description: A position is offered as a molecular and cellular biology laboratory technician to work in the MICINN project (PID2019-106247GB-I00) “Genomic heterogeneity of circulating tumor cells” (IP: David Posada; University of Vigo; http://darwin.uvigo.es).
Working conditions: Initial duration of 6 months with the possibility of an extension, with an annual gross salary of € 15,000 € in 12 payments. Immediate incorporation.
Place of work: The work will be carried out between the Center for Biomedical Research (CINBIO) of the University of Vigo and the Institute for Health Research of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS).
Functions of the position:
- Maintain cell cultures.
- Execute basic experimental techniques with laboratory animals (rodents): anesthesia, analgesia, surgical procedures, etc.
- Extract and process biological samples from laboratory animals.
- Handle human blood samples.
- Extract DNA / RNA.
- Determine the concentration and quality of DNA / RNA samples.
- Organize and store blood, tissue, and DNA / RNA samples.
- Maintain the stock and inventory of laboratory reagents.
- Be in possession of the title of Superior Laboratory Technician (FP): specialty related to Biomedicine. Candidates without this qualification will not be evaluated.
- Be in possession of the qualification of training to perform procedures on laboratory animals and euthanasia (b and c) (in accordance with EU Directive 63/2010, RD 53/2013 and ECC / 566/2015).
- Experience in rodent xenograft modeling, processing and sampling.
- Knowledge of the standards of good laboratory practice (GLP) and of routine and experimental processes with animals.
- Experience in cellular / molecular biology techniques: cell culture, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR and qPCR.
- Cell culture experience.
- Experience in isolation of blood cell populations and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Experience in nucleic acid extractions from blood, cells and tumors.
- Demonstrable experience in biomedical research.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in laboratory work.
- English level B2 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (MCREL) or similar.
Presentation of candidatures:
Interested persons should send their CV and two reference contacts to email@example.com, indicating “lab technician 2021” in the subject of the email, until June 20, 2021.